Before you take the decision whether you are ready to create and teach a MOOC, we suggest you do the following:
- Participate in at least one MOOC.
- Find and look at competing / similar courses. You can find a list of all the MOOCs on class-central.org.
- Talk to those who have taught MOOCs, learn from their insights.
- Consider how you will deal with the challenges of the platform.
- Remember: MOOCs require time! You and the support team will be spending a significant amount of time during the first six months of MOOC development and improvement. You will also be required to invest time after launch to participate in forum discussions, evaluate and improve your MOOC and so on…
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net